A brand represents a company’s intangible assets. The ones that make it worthy of customers and differentiate it in a competitive market. If you develop a solid strategy, you’ll be able to increase sales and improve your reputation in the industry. Consumers usually have emotions and thoughts associated with a specific brand, which influences their purchasing behaviour. An in-depth, purpose-driven strategy helps you turn these emotions into positive ones, which in consequence, increases the brand equity of your business.
A brand strategy is a term that encompasses a company’s reputation, products, and services it provides. The strategic plan covers the brand’s values, market position, goals, and ideal customer. These elements are required for a company’s team to operate in one direction, have a clear goal and make conscious and aligned decisions.
1. Define your vision, values, mission, and goals. What do you want to achieve? What are your core values? What is your company’s mission? What are your long-term and short-term goals?
A company’s vision, goals, values, and mission provide a foundation for everything it does. They guide its decisions and ensure that they are aligned with its long-term objectives. By having a strong foundation, a company can weather any storm and emerge even stronger.
2. Research your competition. Who are they? What are they doing well? What could you do better than them?
If you’re in business, it’s important to know who your competition is and what they’re doing. After all, if you don’t know what they’re up to, how can you stay one step ahead?
Fortunately, researching your competition is relatively easy. There are a few different ways you can go about it:
Researching your competition is a crucial part of being in business. By taking the time to understand who they are and what they’re doing, you can stay ahead of the game and keep your business one step ahead.
3. Identify your target audience. Who are they? What do they need or want? What are their pain points?
Target audiences can be difficult to identify, but there are some key ways to go about it.
Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be well on your way to identifying your business’ target audience.
4. Create a brand identity. Your identity should be unique and memorable. It should reflect your values and mission. A brand identity embraces your logo, typography, colours, and creative/art direction. For the sake of simplicity, we will focus mainly on the logo in the tips below, but the same concept applies to the entire identity.
5. Know how to implement your strategy. This includes creating marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as social media and public relations plans.
6. Evaluate your results. Are you meeting your goals? What could you improve upon?
When it comes to evaluating your company’s results, it’s important to take a comprehensive approach. Are you meeting your overall goals? What could you improve upon?
There are a few key areas you’ll want to focus on when assessing your company’s performance:
By taking a holistic approach to evaluating your company’s results, you can get a clear picture of where you’re excelling and where there’s room for improvement. Use this information to make strategic decisions about where to focus your energies in order to continue driving success.
A well-planned, purpose-led, well-considered, and tested brand strategy is essential for any business to succeed. Developing a strong brand strategy is certainly not an easy process, but will give your business a solid foundation.
Bare Type Studio is here to help you! Check our services here.
Download our FREE Brand Notion Board here. It will give you a place to gather your inspiration and help articulate your brand vision. It has several prompts to guide you through a DIY Brand Strategy. 🙂